Art makes life better, right?
Life can be overwhelming. And please, let’s not even discuss world events these days. Ugh.
When I’m making some sort of art, I feel happy. And serene. Which is how I want you to feel when you see my work.
Welcome to my internet “house.”
So, hi, it’s me, Ani, and, well, you already know I’m an artist. I draw, paint, and sometimes make collages from my paintings. (I enjoy cutting things out!)
Nature is my inspiration. I can’t think of a better muse for my “lighthearted art.”
But why? Why do I create art?
No fancy answer. Truthfully, I don’t know any other way. It started when I was tiny and continues.
But that’s not all there is to it.
Because I also write, cook, set tables, and like to arrange things around the house to make my surroundings aesthetically pleasing.
• I paint, but I’m not strictly a painter.
• I write, but I’m not strictly a writer.
• I cook, but I’m not a chef.
Who am I?
It’s simple. I’m someone who creates with an artist’s eye. Whether in the studio, or in the kitchen, I’m bringing my artistry to whatever I’m doing.
And I want to share it with you.
“Just the facts, ma’am.”
• I grew up drawing. Always had a pencil in my hand.
• Art classes got me through high school, since I wasn’t the “popular” type.
• I went to Massachusetts College of Art. My parents did not endorse this, but I went anyway (rebel tendencies.)
• I was the worst student and failed my senior year (again with the rebel tendencies.) Imagine, if you will, my parents’ delight. I eventually graduated, but not with my class.
• After college, I accidentally became a graphic designer (self-taught.) Soon, I had a business, with clients mostly in publishing.
A few fun tidbits
• I’ve lived in five houses on the same street — one twice, years apart.
• I love to make a dinner of all appetizers (here’s my cookbook.)
• My favorite movie is Cocteau’s 1942 masterpiece, La Belle et la Bête (Beauty and the Beast.)
• Every fall, when the leaves change color, there’s a leaf-painting frenzy.
• I have no willpower when it comes to popcorn. Zero willpower.