Does the news stress you out?
Ugh. It totally stresses me out, so I try and avoid it. (But it finds me anyhow.)
Art is my haven in a world of chaos.
f my works soothe me, I’m confident they’ll do the same for you.
Born this way
Wish I had an exciting story to tell you about how art and I found each other.
The truth is, I grew up with a pencil in my hand. Literally.
Art kept me company. It became my identity.
The answer was never “artist” to the question “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Why would I want to be an artist if I already was one?
Was that even a job?
My answer was “architect” or “fashion designer.”
Quite by accident, I started working as a graphic designer.
I never stopped drawing and painting, but it became a hobby.
Now, my childhood identity has come back.
Because it had to.
A few fun tidbits
- I’ve lived in five houses on the same street — one twice, years apart.
- I love to make a dinner of all appetizers (here’s my cookbook.)
- Favorite movie? Cocteau’s 1942 masterpiece, “La Belle et la Bête” (Beauty and the Beast.)
- Every fall, when the leaves changed color, there was leaf-painting frenzy in my studio
- But it may be over
- I have no willpower when it comes to popcorn. Zero willpower.